Self-Care

I been gone for a minute but now I'm back with the jump off...


Spread Love that's what a real MOB do!
Keep it gangsta look out for ya people! 

But no really, I haven't posted in a long ass time. There has been a lot that's happened. & as a result I have had to take a moment, Surround myself with love and create a concise plan of attack on how I am really really going to take care of my body and spirit amidst this life shit. 

One of my mother's VERY close friend passed recently. & bearing witness to this amazing woman's life at a distance really put my own mortality into perspective. In the end, we are only as much and as little as the Love we gave to those left on this earth. Ms. Antoinette gave herself to her loved ones relentlessly. That takes a certain kind of bravery to do but also extreme levels of sacrifice. This woman was amazing! God called her home and so she went.

Thinking on the wonderful Brown women in my life that have given so much of themselves to this world and forget that they need some left for themselves has made my body react violently. I was literally sick for a week and had MAJOR Acne as the bad news poured in day by day over the last few weeks. The first thing I thought of in the face of these circumstances is "WHAT CAN I DO?!" and that's wonderful. & by any means necessary I urge all of you to answer the call to action & help the world. BUT... DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOU TOO! 


As the United States is currently on fire and foaming at the mouth with the recent publicized murders of Black Men due to Police Brutality and systemic Racism, I myself have been facilitating discussions and sharing what I can but I must admit MY camel's back has been broken. At the time I needed to reel it in. Take a moment. And that's okay. I saw this on twitter (@Cole_Whirl: warning! shit gets raunchy over there) and it absolutely  made my heart smile. 


Embedded

AND LORD DID I NEED IT!!! I feel refreshed, renewed and prepared to accept what ever the world throws at me. 
Self-Care LIT!

 In this time and ALL moments after I've decided to be kind to myself. Not everyday has to be the day I end world hunger and achieve world peace. Sometimes I gotta take a day or 2 or 5. I deserve it.

To be Black, and woman, and alive is to be resilient! My very existence is defiance! - Crystal Valentine & Aaliyah Jihad "To Be Black and Woman and Alive" 

What does your self care look like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clearly We All Have the Time Now.....

Day 6 & Day 7: Independent Dreams

☕️🐸