Material Girl




I have been struggling with Materialism lately.



 The more accomplishments I acquire the more stuff I need and the more stuff I want.I think that it relates more to me being able to have something tangible to show for my hard work. But let’s be real you can Achieve a whole hell of a lot of things, and acquire a whole lot more and still be a shitty person. 

I have been on this quest for new experiences. This has turned me into a poor wanderlust and a bit of an escapist...Which I think is better than being a hoarder. If I’m going to be broke, I’m damn sure going to make some memories and try my hardest to not be shitty in the process. 

For a short time, I told myself that I would try something new once a month for every month that I could afford it and somehow it got away from me and I've been shopping instead. I LOVE to shop but I have to make sure my soul is full too, Not just my closet. 




This journey is for me and can only be done by me. It doesn't feel right for me to rely on anyone or anything besides myself to fill me up. Giving someone or something else that responsibility, as a I have in the past, is reckless, immature and selfish. I'm in the process of figuring out how to love myself for all that I have, all that I don't and all that I will be simultaneously. 

#LetyourselfLoveYourself 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clearly We All Have the Time Now.....

Day 6 & Day 7: Independent Dreams

☕️🐸